1. Misconduct of any student either in spoken or written form or any action that has the effect of harming others.
2. Indulging in undisciplined activities that cause physical or psychological harm or fear or apprehension.
3. Asking others to do things that they normally will not do and causes a sense of shame or emotional embarrassment.
4. Any act that disrupts others academic activity.
5. Financial extortion or forceful monetary burden on a fresher or any other student.
6. Any act of physical abuse including sexual, homosexual assaults stripping of clothes, forcing obscene lewd acts and gestures causing physical and mental torture.
7. Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults to derive sadistic pleasure.
8. Any act that affects the mental health and self confidence of any student with or without an intent to derive sadistic pleasure or priority over others.
1. Every single incident of ragging, a FIR shall be lodged without exception by the college authorities with the local police. In addition one or any combination of the following punishments can be awarded:
2. Cancellation of admission.
3. Suspension from attending classes.
4. Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
5. Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process.
6. Withholding results.
7. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
8. Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
9. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
10. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
11. Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
Ragging is totally prohibited ASTI, inside and / or outside the campus and anyone found guilty of ragging and / or abetting ragging whether actively or passively, or being a part of conspiracy to promote ragging, is liable to be punished in accordance with UGC Regulations 2009 as well as under the provisions of any penal law for the time being in force.
ASTI ensures that the congenial and welcoming environment is given to the freshers. To achieve this objective following committees have been formed by the Institute as per UGC Regulation 2009:
As per PCET, the Composition for Anti Ragging Committee at Institute Level
|S.No||Actual Designation||Designation in the committee||Member Name|
|1||Assistant Professor||Member||A SRIKANTH REDDY|
|2||Assistant Professor||Member||B SANDEEP|
|3||Assistant Professor||Member||D V SUDHARSHAN REDDY|
|4||Professor||Convenor||Dr. M V NARASIMHARAO|
|5||Assistant Professor||Member||G SATISH KUMAR|
|6||Assistant Professor||Member||J VENKATA SUNEEL|
|7||Assistant Professor||Member||K SRINIVAS|
|8||Assistant Professor||Member||M VENKATESH|
|9||Assistant Professor||Member||P SUNIL KUMAR|
|10||Professor||Chairman||Prof Bala Sekhar|
|11||Assistant Professor||Member||R NAVEEN|
|12||Assistant Professor||Member||T NARESH|
|13||Assistant Professor||Member||T SHIVA KUMAR|
|14||Assistant Professor||Member||Y SRIDHAR|
To ensure compliance with the provision of UGC regulation 2009 at the institute level.
To make surprise raids on hostels and other places vulnerable to incidents of and having the potential of ragging.
To conduct on the spot enquiry in to any incident of ragging.