Students (Rules, Eligibility, Registration)
Aurora’s Scientific and Technological Institute has an exclusive Placement Cell and a team of faculty members with a Placement Cell Officer coordinates its activities. This Cell works in close coordination with the Director of Training and Placements of Aurora Consortium. Placement Cell has compiled profiles of students with their varied strengths with an aim to place them appropriately in reputed firms thus enabling them to settle down very early in their career.
- The Placement Cell in ASTI works in tandem with the students to compile a manual of placements, which can be used for ready reference. To facilitate this we gather information about each and every student under an exhaustive portfolio.
- Interaction with the organizations namely emailing, phone calls, mailing brochures, hospitality and scheduling placement activities is done in advance by Placement Cell.
- The Placement Cell works in coordination with Center for Career Counseling. Here the students are educated about the difference between a job and career. The Center for Career Counseling tries to provide richer information and structured understanding to students so that they can locate for themselves where exactly their talent lies and how best it can flourish.
- The Placement Cell also assists in grooming the students in personality development, SWOT sessions, GDs, mock interviews, body language and etiquette and other areas, which boost their self-esteem and prepares them to be launched in the professional arena.
- All the students of final year would undergo a one to one interaction with the placement officer. During these interactive sessions the officer would attempt to acquaint the students with the activities of the placement cell. They would also be helped to prioritize their future plans.
- Student placement coordinators would be selected from second, third and final years. This would be done with the intention that these students would be given the necessary orientation to facilitate them to help their team members.
- Categorizing of the students would be done on the basis of their performance in aptitude test conducted by placement and Center for Communication. Based on the results the students would be groomed to evolve into self-confident entities ready for recruitments.
- An annual feature of the Placement Cell is the Mock Campus Interview where the technical skills, leadership, vocabulary, listening and speaking skills are put to test to familiarize students with real-time scenarios.
- Students would be encouraged to collect and display placement literature on the notice board. The best contribution is duly rewarded.